View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I definitely think I'd like it and agree with what you're saying. I'm just stuck in the middle because of the price. On one hand, I have a $1300 laptop that is like a 1st gen ultrabook, I spec'd it out to be everything an ultrabook is supposed to be minus the battery life (about 5.5 hours at best) and it being a bit larger.

I need my tablet if I buy it to be more portable but to maintain the same capability so I'm not stuck trying to decide between bringing my laptop to classes one day or my tablet. Since I commute.

And because I like sling bags, I can never find bags that hold a whole lot (15.6" sling bags are more difficult to find than Sasquatch). So carrying both will be difficult.

If the Surface were $500 fully decked out, I'd be game. But adding the price to get to 64gb (even considering 32 + 64 sdxc card) and if I wanted a different color keyboard (why on earth they chose black only as default is beyond me, supply issues maybe?) makes it a tougher sell even to someone like me that has been waiting on it for a couple years.

In the end I'll probably favor it over the Pro, which will have poor battery life, run hot (maybe even loud since Intel is still catching up in the mobile processors) but I'm not as happy as I could be.