View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 03:09 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Liking what I'm reading about Barkov too. I don't think I'd put him above Mac, but I can see it.

For Monahan I've read hardly anything at all, but gut feeling is that he'll get to be more of a Staal offensively than Toews. But that's probably unfounded.
I guess I like Barkov a little more because of his frame COMBINED with the talent at the pro level. He's 6'2 with room to grow and 188. Plus he's very good defensively.

His stat line right now is 14g 14a in 32 games. I think that's more impressive than the above PPG pace put up by the juniors. I really can't remember (since Ovechkin) a European scoring this much in a European premiere league prior to his draft year. And Lindholm is nipping at his heels as well in that regard. 32GP 21pts. Not as impressive as Barkov but I'd argue that it's harder to score in the SEL. That still puts him over Filip Forsberg in my mind. I'm really excited to see these two (and obviously others) at WJC.

As far as Monahan goes, I've read more than I've seen, but I love what I see. When people say he's a Toews clone they're not exaggerating. It might not translate at the NHL level, but he could be better than Toews if he's developed right. But he's got the same all around game (the intangibles). He's definitely in higher standing than Toews was at the same age.

Last edited by DuckJet: 12-10-2012 at 03:16 PM.
DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote