Old
12-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Yikes...

Details of the NHLPA proposal

Quote:
The NHL Players' Association backed off on its proposal that the players' share could not go backwards in terms of dollars starting in Year 2. It had been a non-starter for the NHL.
I'd assumed the PA dropped that in the proposal completely, but if they didn't, they need to.

Quote:
The NHLPA suggested a mid-level cap exception. The NHL told the union it was a non-starter. It is unclear whether it is still on the table.
Don't like this at all. I think the players would actually get positive escrow under the more restrictive CBA. I don't like another potential loophole.

Quote:
The sides did not discuss how the payroll range -- the salary cap and floor -- would be calculated.
This needs to be done, and I would like to see a wider range than +/- $8M, because that was based on nearly half the revenues and salaries as today. I still like a percentage calculation.

Quote:
In short, whether you feel the sides are close or still far apart, we can all agree on this: They still have a lot more to discuss.
Exactly. And that's why I didn't like the all-or-nothing NHL proposal. That just seems like they wanted to either punish the players for getting Fehr involved or didn't want to discuss it anymore.