View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Grabbers

vCash: 500
16 Year old D-man Summers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraCritic View Post
I decided, as one poster suggested to take in a CP game so that I might give a first hand account of one of their games if I was going to comment on them.

It's funny how posters views on here differ wo widely, for those who seem to have taken the same game in. Coast to Coast felt it was a VERY PHYSICAL game and Grabbers thought it was not??

the game I watched was physical (at times) with some thunderous hits....poor Johnston for the Raiders was on the receiving end of 4 or 5 huge hits, although to his credit he did land 1 himself along the stand side boards....but he was picking himself up more than he was skating it seemed.....Goaltending on both side impressed me and Zawad recieved the benefit of alot of post and crossbars...Oneil was good on his angles and the Rodier goal should never have counted as there was 2 Raiders in the blue paint when and if the puck crossed the line...Oneil never had a chance to make a play on the puck...

I will agree with Grabbers that the reffing was "odd' they let alot of BS go, especially in the crease and called stuff that had no effect on the play....such is the norm in the CCHL with regards to reffing....I will say at least they didn't make a phantom call in the 2nd half of the 3rd to effect the outcome....they let the players decide it in the end, which is refreshing...

As far as Summers...the Kid is crazy good for a 16 yr old and plays with a poise of a kid of 19 or 20...Good game for my money!

First time I've seen or really focused on him was yesterday and I can see what people like. He plays beyond his 16 years of age and looks confident - certainly not out of place. He's had a real run on points of late as well (as per pointstreak and league awards).

If anything I would note that he is not fleet of foot when skating forward. More than twice yesterday he was passed going back for the puck by a hard skating forward. It is something he will need to work on over the next year. Having stated this - I am sure that the Generals would be happy to have him in their lineup right now (and likely were not happy about his committing to a D1 program so early).