View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Yeah, Harrison isn't going to be a Willie Mitchell but he definitely will be a serviceable NHL defenseman from this time forward. I think he's a good sleeper to play the next few years as a solid top four, and like you said, really easy to cheer for.

Another guy worth keeping an eye on is Tim Gleason. He gets overused badly because of the lack of defensive depth in Carolina, and that has hurt his reputation because he doesn't have the offensive skill to be out there trying to act like a puck moving defenseman. But he's become quietly one of the more solid defensive defenseman in the league even in spite of looking more awkward than he had in the past. I think he's going to turn into something pretty good for Carolina in the long run and it wouldn't surprise me at all he ended up becoming a Mitchell-type star somewhere else.
Could not agree more.

Timmy was a defensive stud for the 2 or so years he was with the Kings, and although I'm happy we got J. Johnson in the trade, was very sad to see who we had to part with.

Going to Carolina, they really tried to put him into a role he wasnt well suited for. I think he's started to solidify his all-around game in the last year or two (although he will never be an offensive force)... but he's someone that can have a similar career trajectory as Mitchell.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote