View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 03:37 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipertim View Post
Braid unleashed an elbow or shoulder to one of the Petes (Pierog?) who took a retaliatory penalty) in a open ice hit and both ended up in the box. There was no call on the Braid hit. No injury. But my complaint is two-fold - Braid's scary head contact on the Pete and then he's chirping with Pierog after in the penalty box. Braid wears a full cage so is he going to fight? No.

Braid should have got a major penalty and should have been served by Pierog who hasn't lost a fight in this league.

I like scrappy players (the Petes have a few of their own but Braid's behaviour was cheap on this play.

The Petes "stole" the game by outworking Sudbury plain and simple especially in the latter half of the game.
I dont know how good a fighter Pierog is, but I know that Braid, pound for pound is a good scrapper also. No question, Braid would have fought Pierog. They have fought before. If Pierog hasnt lost a fight in the OHL, then he must not be fighting much scrappers. I know that Nathan Cull, pound for pound is the best scrapper in the OHL, bar none.

Braid's crosscheck to Tanus on the goal was cheap, and wasnt seen by the ref. Sudbury did get away with one. How about the 2 hits to the head on Pancel in the third period. They went unnoticed. Refs are refs.

Sudbury played 3 games in 3 nights and one was a travel game. Petes played at home on thursday nt, and were somewhat rested.

We agree to disagree.