View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
He still managed to score 13 goals in 38 games with the flames last year. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with moving him, but you can't move him unless you had a replacement that can score 20-25 + goals.

Mtl has issue's scoring, last thing they need to do is give away guys that can score without first finding a replacement.

Bourque was never brought in to replace Cammy in the top 6, but to replace AK, play on the 3rd line and step in if injuries occur.

The Habs team as a whole was horrible last year, even Plekanec was -13 before the Bourque trade, and Bourque got to only play with him, with a plug on RW, Bluden, White, etc.

All this under probably the worst coaching staff in NHL history, (two AHL coaches, and an ast GM that never coached )
We should of realized that this was a mistake and brought AK back or signed Jagr, both of whom wanted to be here, unlike Bourque and then traded Bourque.

With the cap world we live in I'm becoming more and more a believer once a player becomes a boat anchor he's got to go, similar to Carolina and Kaberle. Maybe Kaberle was going to turn his game around but who cares, trade him anyways. Accept a small loss instead of hanging onto a losing proposition.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote