View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyisforeveryone View Post
You sound like a kind individual to look after your teammate and imagine what's best for him.

Your question is a good one. I think it would be fair to inquire (privately) into how he's feeling and if he does still want to play, or at that level. Could be he does want to quit/drop down and talking about it might create the space to reflect and be honest with himself. I'm guessing he would choose to stay and is a bit of a funny individual.

I don't have the heart to break the news to someone they're not good enough to hang. I'd rather let them figure it out themselves and instead give them affirmations of the positive they are doing, like you said.

This season we've had 2 (now may be 3) weaker skaters join the team, but you know what? They are so frickin pumped to play I can see it on their face and they go hard! To me that's what it's all about. On the other hand our goalie (who is a friend) has had a few rough games and says he's questioning playing 2nd half. He doesn't go to s&p anymore or get as excited about equipment/playing, or ice hockey in general. I hope he stays with it but if he needs to take a break to rekindle his fire so be it.
Agreed with the bolded when these guys come off each shift beaming and immediately start talking about what they saw/ what went right/ what went wrong/ what they are excited to try next shift it brings the whole bench up.