View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I disagree. Aside from Sean Bean and Charles Dance (and possibly Peter Dinklage) where are the other star actors from the show? It's not like being on GoT catapulted anyone into stardom who wasn't already there. Having The Hobbit on your resume is better then any Tv series no matter which one it is. And it's not like Gregor is a main cast role anyway, sure he has some important parts but his role is to be menacing and scary and not talking much is part of that.
Being able to be recognized as Gregor Clegane, or any other character with any kind of significant role, is the difference. I can see a trailer for a new movie and say "Oh look it's Jaime." I haven't seen anything, ever, where I've said "Oh hey wait a minute that's Lurtz from Fellowship of the Ring," because there's literally no way to tell.

I'm just spitballing here but I'd be willing to bet that if a casting director was looking at CVs he'd be more impressed by "Oh so you were a named, recognizable character on a hugely popular TV show that has, in two short years, become a pop culture phenomenon" than "Oh you were that guy in The Two Towers firing arrows from the back of that Mumakil in the background."