Thread: Prospect Info: Tyler Biggs's discussion thread.
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 04:58 PM
topched

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
So prospects don't always pan out? Okay. And yeah, it's fantastic if the bread and butter of your game is playing hard nosed to the whistle, but if you're drafted that high, you're expected to be able to bring an offensive dynamic to your game. You can draft players to punch other guys in the face at other positions than 22nd overall.

Lol? He can hit people. Woo. He's 19. I'm asking for him to score at a higher clip against 16-20 year olds before we call him a future top 6 forward in the NHL. Earth shattering, I know.
I'm not simply saying prospects won't pan out... I'm more saying that players who have a specific skill set like Kassian, Wilson, Biggs etc. are considered more valuable than other players who show more offensive ability.

A guy with that type of size and physicality has the potential to develop their offensive game to a point where they can play in a scoring role.

Then you have those second tier scoring types, the guys drafted in the second round who scored ppg, that have major defensive holes in their game or lack size/physicality is something that is much harder to develop.

This is Biggs first season playing this heavy a schedule at this level of intensity etc. He's doing pretty well (top 30 in scoring), and has contributed alot to the Generals so far, and is eyeing a spot on the US WJ team. I'm satisfied with his performance and I'm sure Leafs brass is as well.

topched is offline   Reply With Quote