View Single Post
Old
05-31-2006, 02:20 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
You've been married a long time, so you probably abondoned the "fight until you're right" approach a loooong time ago for your survival and sanity. Not such a bad thing to ditch really, and HF would be a much greater place for it if others could learn to do the same.

I think Ribeiro's "jaw dropping skills" and "amazing vision" are hopelessly overrated by those who fight to the death to defend those offensive attributes of his, but he's just as underrated by those who subscribe to the belief that Ribeiro is a total useless wimp and cancer of cancers to the team. He's made improvements and has even showed some scrappiness to his game, but I just don't see him being able to offer much more. He's had opportunities to do so, as you pointed out, but I think what you see is all about what you're going to get from him. I wish for the team's sake he could do a lot better, but I'm not sure he can.

The center position is my biggest concern. I like Plekanec, but I'm not comfortable with relying on him or Ribeiro to carry the load if Saku were to go down again or not even return.
I remember Duke Snider talking about how the Expos needed a left handed hitter with hair on his butt. Not a pleasant visual but I know what Duke meant. That's what the CH need. If a winger is more readily available to do that job, I could live with Ribs where he is. Again though, Carbo may see a project, decent production for the $ or a waste of space, so who knows.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote