Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
VasDimops

vCash: 500
Didn't Luongo ask for a trade when the season was over? And with that contract being so long I don't see how Gillis is in a position to have any leverage.

All this "do you want Luongo or not" talk is pure garbage. Yeah, I'd love to have Luongo on Toronto, just as much as you guys would/need to trade him. Luongo requested a trade. The last couple of stars I know that requested trades didn't go down to well. Heatley, Pronger come to mind.

And just so we are clear. Kulemin is not getting traded. And whoever compares him to Higgins and/or Raymond is crazy. Kulemin could play on the first line on 90% of the teams in the NHL. Not because of his skill, but because he is such a smart, and complete player. Last year was a blessing in disguise. Terrible stats = below market value contract.

There is absolutely no way a first is being mentioned in this trade. Get over it.

Kadri/Bozak speculates as the center piece. Maybe a defensive prospect also (Not Gardiner, Reilly), and a 2nd round pick.

I know this will sound like a terrible offer to most, if not all, Canuck fans on here. But with Luongo's long term contract, and him requesting a trade, and no other team looking for a goalie....Gillis has his hands tied