View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 08:15 PM
livewell68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
It looks like they may be finalizing the new NHL deal, i wonder if we are seeing the last games Jagr will play for Kladno for a little while. Their next game is the 19th, 9 days from now. I just saw that the NHL schedule is canceled until the 30th of December, So just in case the NHl returns we have the following games left for Kladno:

19th
21st
23rd
27th
30th

Anyways i was hoping that Kladno could finish the season strong and be near the top of the league so that if the NHL season returns Kladno would have a better chance at making the playoffs. I'm not sure they are going to be that great of a team when the NHL'ers leave, but who knows, i certainly dont.. This year has been so much fun watching Jagr on Kladno, i haven't missed the NHL season very much because of it. I'm just so happy Jagr did so well for Kladno :-D
If there is a season, it won't start any earlier than January they saying now. I was one of the very hopeful people that thought there would a be season for 2012-13 but even I'm not so hopeful anymore.

This a real pity especially for Jagr, I truly think that Jagr really worked out hard this past summer to trim down and work on his speed, stickhandling and shot again. He looks more like the Jagr of the Pittsburgh days than he does of the Washington, New York and Philly days. The full season that could have been.

Who knows, maybe a shortened season (if there is one) could work in Jagr's favor and he can steal the Art Ross trophy and Hart to cap off his 6 Art Ross overall and his 2nd Hart which would definitely bump Jagr to top 5-10 all-time status with no questions asked. Back in 1994-95 because of the shortened season, Coffey won his final Norris years after his prime.

Since Jagr is already playing on momentum in the Czech Extraliga and wouldn't need any time to work himself into shape, he could start off hot right away and carry that momentum with him throughout the entire short season.

One thing is for sure, he looks better than he has at any time during his time in his last season in New York (excluding the playoffs), his whole 3 year stint in the KHL as well as his tenure in Philadelphia.

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote