View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Disgruntled Observer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Pretty much how I feel. If its about money, why would they continue to fight when it costs them more than they could possibly gain?
The lockout at this point is about Fehr, not the players.
There is pretty much no possible way they can make more money in the long run than if they had just signed the October offer (not to be confused by the terrible September offer.)

Many players aren't educated/intelligent enough to think for themselves, while many others are probably heavily influenced by the bullying tactics of Fehr and his inner circle. The bullies warned that even Hamrlik's teammates won't protect him out there for having the audacity to speak the truth.
The tactics have successfully silenced the rest of the nlhpa that are intelligent enough to see that they are now going to lose more money in the long run than if they signed the October offer.

Half of the owners are losing millions per year. I can 100% understand a lockout from that standpoint.
But I'm literally getting sickened by the players. I have no idea how I'm going to cheer for these idiots if hockey ever comes back.