View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 07:52 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
And Toronto absolutely sucked. Higgins scored just eight back in 2010. Sure, we bought low on him from Florida but do you really see Kulemin not rebounding? Even prior to his back injury, Raymond struggled. Like I said, I'd prefer better but that package isn't bad per se. Feel free to disagree.
I freaking hate this excuse for Kulemin's low production.

Toronto, by assessment from their own fans, played a run and gun style of play. They had a top 10 offense in the league.

They had a top 10 power play (I know Kulemin wasn't a fixture, but he did play on it).

For those that continue to tout him as a legit 2nd liner, please look at the EV strength ice time statistics for Leafs forwards last year (Kulemin was 7th). This paints the picture, that he is exactly what most of us Canucks fans are calling him a 2/3 line tweener. Not a bonafide lock to dispell anyone on the Canucks current roster out of the top 6.

Edit. He was also 6th in EV strength ice time in his 30 goal year (not a top 6 lock).

I can see Kulemin rebouding from 7 goals, right back to where he should be 14-18 goals.

The other excuse I hate is that he had friends die in the Yaroslavl tragedy...Raymond broke his back and scored 10.

He's a fine player, I can admit that, but not one you center a package around for a franchise goaltender (neither is Kadri, Bozak, or Lupul IMO).

Last edited by arsmaster: 12-10-2012 at 07:57 PM.