View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 09:27 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I'll fully admit I haven't watched one second of OKC hockey this year but the thing that annoys me about MPS (and some of his fans) is when once in a blue moon when he tries to the net (and shovels a weak backhand on net or gets the puck poked from him) his fans go on and on for pages about how he's learning and attacking the net and etc. One above average play from his brings on heaps of praise. He's freaking 6'3 200+ pounds, I would hope he'd drive the net with force.

Criticize players like Gagner (or heck even Cogs) all you want, but I admire little guys that do the dirty work and are willing to take punishment to make a play. I have seen MPS play like a scared kitten too many times, this is a guy that will take a play offside to avoid getting hit. His defensive game is also overstated since he's so passive offensively, he'll give up on a play prematurely and become a third defencemen, leaving the other 2 forwards to make up for his lack of creativity.

If you say he's become tougher in the AHL, good for him but I'm a believer in the thought that a player either has that mindset or doesn't. He needs to throw more hits, use his speed to his advantage more and stop with the limp wristshots and if he's doing that in OKC, again good for him.
excellent post LOL! It described Paajarvi's play last season in a 3rd line defensive role very well. Welcome to the 2012-13 season. You should check it out. I actually would bet you havent watched a shift he has taken in the AHL ever.

I can remember 3 or 4 plays from last season where Paajarvi took huge hits to make plays or get the puck deep, one from Matt Greene specifically. Maybe he caught an edge and went offside? Dont make me show the Sam Gagner/Steve Ott youtube clip.