Old
12-10-2012, 09:49 PM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
I am not in.

You have to ask yourself, what is a boycott designed to do? Alter corporate behavior, no?

What is the behavior that needs to be altered? Resorting to work stoppages as a negotiation tactic.

But this has already occurred. What is a boycott going to theoretically accomplish after the behavior in question, by definition, has ended?

What are you saying to the league by withholding your support? That you are aren't pleased? They already know you're not pleased. They don't care. They think you'll come back, eventually.

Any message supposedly sent will be long forgotten by the time the next CBA is up for negotiation anyway.

The only type of boycott that matters is if you truly stop caring. This doesn't mean forgoing tickets for an arbitrary length of time. It doesn't mean watching something else on TV for a week. It means stopping being a fan of the NHL entirely. If you're prepared to do that then you have my respect. Otherwise acknowledge just how powerless you are. There's no shame in that.
Well said, piqued. A boycott on a timetable won't do anything to affect the owners, the players, and any other wallet involved other than those of the fans. The day I brush aside the game is the day I quit on hockey. For that reason, I'm out. (Little Shark Tank shoutout at the end )

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote