Old
12-10-2012, 10:14 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Seguin >>> Getzlaf
Hamilton and Ryan are difficult. Hamilton may be tempting for Anaheim, but he hasn't necessarily proven himself to be a quality NHL player.
Insert facepalm gif here

Call me the next time Seguin hits 90+ points and has 4 consecutive PPG seasons if you want to be taken seriously. Maybe to Boston, this young center with great potential may have more VALUE, but better? Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
Seguin has proven he can outscore Ryan and Getzlaf. It may have been an off year for Getzlaf, but Boston would have to assume he returns to being a ppg player and that he would re-sign with the team.

You are right, teams aren't going to assume anything and they would both keep their guys.
No he didn't prove that he can out-score Getzlaf in a good year. He proved that he could outscore him by a bit in his worst year since his rookie season.....actually he had a better PPG in his rookie year, so Seguin proved that he can outscore Getzlaf in his worst possible year.

Prior to that Getzlaf was top 9 in the league in PPG. We're not sure what happened but clearly something was off.

Ryan? I'll give it to you on that one that Seguin will probably end up being a better point producer than Ryan, but Ryan's goal scoring is invaluable. There's only one other player in the league that has scored 30 or more goals every year since entering the league. You don't give up that kind of consistency for assumed value.

Last edited by DuckJet: 12-10-2012 at 10:30 PM.
DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote