12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
8.) Toronto

Hunter Shinkaruk-C

Oh did you want a potential first line center who can score and skate like the wind? Well good thing this draft is so stacked right? I know Leafs fans are drooling at the thought of possibly drafting Monahan or Barkov as far as first line center options go, and they aren't wrong to do so. They're bigger and better defensively than Shinkaruk, they're the textbook Brian Burke centers. There's no doubt they'd fit into Toronto under Carlyle better, but you take what you can get, and if this is the getting, the getting is good for the Morgan Rielly follow up pick. There's a lot to like about Shinkaruk. To me you can tell he picked up a lot from Emerson Etem, but Hunter is Etem if Etem had a more complete game. He's speedy, he's got an accurate shot, his vision in the offensive zone is terrific. Honestly as far as hockey talent goes, he isn't far from the other top centers, what separates them is the size.

New Jersey picks Anthony Brodeur.

Happy times.
Isn't Shinkaruk a left winger? Either way, I still like the pick for the Leafs. Overall it's a good draft, although the order could go for a bit of a change!!

I like the Brodeur pick for New Jersey.. After the Howe's, I never thought we'd ever see a father/son combo play together, but the fact that it could very easily happen astounds me.

Last edited by George Maharis: 12-11-2012 at 01:30 AM.
George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote