Thread: Value of: Brendan Smith
View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 11:31 PM
JKsilverstick*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
No that isn't what Babcock has said. Holland also said it was made for ice time and that Smith's suspension hurt some of that flexability. Along with the fact he had options and other guys didn't have them. Honestly I don't know how Gardiner made the Leafs I don't pretend to. I don't know who he beat out and I don't care what Burke said. However, I know exactly what happened here and have told you, keep your head buried in the sand but this was covered in depth and talked about a lot around Detroit. You can either pretend they said something they didn't or know the facts enjoy either story. It is clear you have trouble admitting when you're wrong, Babcock outright stated he made the team. He even one step farther and said he was disappointed because he thought he made the team two years ago. Which is when everyone got really upset about it. The Smith situation is actually the one reason people in Detroit think Holland and Babcock's working relationship might not be what it once was as they have argued publically about it.
They can say he made the team all they like, but until he is actually on the team, he hasn't made the team. That is simple fact.

Though if Babcock keeps saying he made the team, surely he shouldn't be counted as a prospect anymore, eh?

JKsilverstick* is offline   Reply With Quote