View Single Post
Old
12-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Stafford is Philip Rivers to me, without an attitude problem. He'll probably be overrated in 5 years, but he isn't right now.

I don't think Schaub gets overrated, only because no one ever talks about him.

Ryan is from Philadelphia, and has to drop that "bound for disappointment" stench. He's still better than I thought he would be out of college. Overrated because of the playoff record, but all three games were against guys went to the Super Bowl, and are going to the Hall of Fame. First step for him was finally winning the rematch against the Saints, he was 0-4 before it.
My thoughts mirror this. Stafford is only overrated if you equate fantasy relevance with real-life quality. The Rivers-without-being-a-***** comparison seems very apt, though Rivers was far more highly thought of at this point of his career than Stafford is. It wasn't until Eli won his first Super Bowl that Rivers really started getting the 'your turn' stink eye.

Schaub is a Texan...it's hard for a Texan to get overrated just because of how localized their fan base is.

Ryan...well I didn't know he was from Philadelphia, but now it explains so much

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote