Thread: Value of: MacArthur
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 01:19 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
Paul Gaustad got a 1st round pick, PAUL GAUSTAD, a guy whose career high in points is 36. I understand that he is known for his other attributes to the game. But I don't see why it's so far fetched to say Clarke could fetch us a late 1st round pick from a contender looking to juice up their top nine. Especially if Clarke is scoring at a .65 - .70 ppg pace, it's not like Cmac is a defensive liability either.

Anything less than a late 1st/early 2nd, and I'd rather just hold onto him and see what he's asking for in free agency.
That was an overpayment for sure, but I think what they were paying for was his character, not his scoring.

MacArthur doesn't play the same game so I think stats are much more important for him. I am not sure how much he would get in a deal, but I am guessing that most contenders have 2nd line wings who are MacArthur's equal. My guess is that it could go 2 ways, either a contender picks him up for depth/3rd line wing and gives up a 2nd or a bubble team outbids the contender and gives up a 1st. I could see it going either way.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote