View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 03:12 AM
azaloum90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
With the cancelled games up to December 30, assuming they get a deal done, earliest they can play is New Years Eve. That would be roughly 54 games per team or so. If they can't agree, next one will be drop dead date.
I think the date Fehr was given was January 2013... I know someone had recently posted (back when the thread was in the BOH forum) that Fehr's supposedly given deadline was December 2013, but that is completely unrealistic, especially given reports that many players smell a deal coming.

Several tweeters are also saying the lockout is progressing the same way it was in the 94-95 season. I don't mind a 54 game season, but I think a 48 game season is kinda lame... (I know, its only 6 games, but still). If possible, I'd like to see a 60 game season, and have the league play till late June, but that will never happen.

Regardless, I do see the NHLPA agreeing to the last offer, perhaps some additional make whole (it WILL Come back on the table). I can forsee puck drop in mid-January. If talks lose traction by the beginning of the new year, I will start to assume the season is gone, but if talks finally pick up this month, we'll see NHL hockey in January.