Best goalies since last lockout
View Single Post
12-11-2012, 03:46 AM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Originally Posted by
I wrote out a top 7 with stats that was almost identical to yours (just swap Miller and Kipper and Thomas and Hank), and then I realized that I had the same list more or less to you.
1. Thomas - 374GP, .922SV%, 2.47GAA, 2 Vezinas, Conn Smythe
2. Lundqvist - 468GP, ..920SV%, 2.27GAA, Vezina
3. Brodeur - 451GP, .914SV%, 2.33GAA, 2 Vezinas
4. Luongo - 461GP, .919SV%, 2.45GAA
5. Kiprusoff - 514GP, .914SV%, 2.48GAA, Vezina
6. Miller - 442GP, .916SV%, 2.55GAA, Vezina
7. Vokoun - 401GP, .921SV, 2.56GAA
These are clearly the top 7 IMO, but it's pretty close across the board. The number of games that Thomas played isn't a whole hell of a lot less like people seem to be suggesting, what puts him over is the Conn Smythe. He has guaranteed his spot in the Hockey Hall of Fame in this time span, he had an entire Hall of Fame career between the two lockouts, it doesn't get any better than that.
How did Vokoun end up 7th when his play was clearly superior to a number of goalies ahead of him?
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by GuineaPig