View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 05:01 AM
harpoon
FOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Jones hustle IMO has been very hit and miss. The bottom line is that Paajarvi will be waiver eligible after this season and a decision will have to be made sooner rather than later. Jones' contract ends at the end of this season as will his $1.8 million contract. So my question is this, if Paajarvi continues to get stronger and grittier do you cut ties with him and keep Jones? Do you see room for both in our bottom 6?
If my choice is Jones or Paajarvi, I'm going with Jones without batting an eye ... next year for sure.

I thought MPS had a strong game against the Rampage the first night, and a good first period the second night. Nice read on his goal cruising through the slot, and being ready for the pass and getting his shot away quickly. I've watched almost every game (missed two or three) and I wonder if you would agree that there are still too many nights when he is all but invisible. That's scary to me.

I will also agree that I've seen him throw maybe five or six good solid hits thus far, which is about five or six more than I ever saw him throw in the NHL. You say that proves he's getting grittier and stronger .... and I'll have to take your word for that since prior to this season I only watched him play two or three games in the AHL.

Still, he should be able to dominate physically in the AHL - at least from time to time. He's not doing that anywhere near the level that Hartikainen is. I wonder what will happen to his gritty play when he's again faced with NHL d-men. I suspect he will fold his tent and elect to stay on the outside as he did in the past.

I just don't see the makings of a good NHL player here BBO. You know that has been my stance even during his rookie season. I think its highly unlikely that the Oilers let him walk just yet though simply because he is still young enough to turn it around ... and they spent a high pick on him.

No room for him in Edmonton right now so he has to be willing to stay in the AHL. One thing you can't fault the kid on is his attitude so I can't see one more AHL season souring him on the organization.

As for Jones .... I sure hope the Oilers resign him. Since he joined the team I watched many games where he seemed like the only guy in copper and blue who actually gave a **** no matter what the score was. Plus its always nice to see a player stick it to advanced stats crowd the way he did last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I'm not going to watch a crappy stream for 3 hours on my laptop just to feed my Oilers craze.
I hear you. I didn't think I'd be doing it either, but what can I say. I need some hockey.
The stream isn't nearly as bad as all the complainers make it out to be. In fact I feel that the pic quality has improved dramatically since the start of the season. They even now show replays and have a game clock on the screen. I'd encourage you to give it a look one night of you have nothing else to do .... its worth it just to see how Schultz is ripping up the league. Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't consider you less of a fan for not watching, just saying the stream's not as bad as you might think.

Last edited by harpoon: 12-11-2012 at 05:08 AM.