View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 05:24 AM
OiledUp

vCash: 500
I think his growing pains could prove golden for this team going forward. I doubt they give up on him and I doubt he'll get much of a payday which will work wonders for our cap. And I do believe he'll find his game, but he'll need time. He lacks confidence. He's the kind of guy who's always been consider a great talent, he's always been moving up, no real set backs and even in his first NHL he's doing fine, ok numbers for a rookie, solid defensively, clearly has a lot to work on but still good enough for a rookie and then along comes his second year and BAM suddenly he hits a wall, he doesn't find his groove and everyone starts pointing out what needs improvement, "crash the net", "work on you shot", "be more physical" and so on. And since he's an ambitious player and always has been he tries to listen to all this and change it and completely loses his game and his confidence along with it. And for the first time in his career he's going uphill.

I think if he can find his confidence and starts working through his issues one at the time he'll be fine. He's never been a natural scorer but he's shown in spurts that he can put up points. He's hands aren't world class but they're way better than he's been getting credit for here lately. He has decent playmaking ability. His wrister needs improvement but he shows glimpses that makes me think there's something there to work on.
He'll probably never be close to a ppg player but he doesn't have to be considering our fire power up front. I think unless managment totally mishandles him he'll be a great contributer for this team, 3rd liner who PKs and fills in the top six and PP at times. Career year he might push around 60 points but probably hoovers around 30-40 points once he settles in the NHL. This ofc depends on where in the line up you put him.
He'll be fine.