Old
12-11-2012, 07:41 AM
SprDaVE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
Surprised with:

Broll- solid start for him!
Biggs- PPG at 32 games, he's becoming a much more interesting prospect, I love it.
Spencer Abbott- great start for him! I was expecting more from him this year and he's getting there now that he's on the lineup.

unhappy with:
Ashton- he looks like he got worse point wise
Colborne- WTF is wrong with him? 6 points in 21 games? Holzer almost has as many points as him, a stay at home dman. I mean there's slumps and then there's just plain bad play.

other than that, Glad that Kadri is proving he deserves to be highly touted with his PPG pace, Matt Frattin exploding with his comeback, interested to see how he would be in the NHL now. Gardiner being solid etc.
I hate to be that guy but stats do not tell the whole story --- which is what you are doing here to make up your mind.

Ashton started the year slowly, yes, but he's been one of our better forwards in the last month or so. He's been physical and also a good energy forward. He should have more points that the stat sheet shows... but that's not a huge thing. If he keeps it up the points will come.

Colborne has been pretty inconsistent, I agree there. Just like Ashton though, he's been quite snake bitten in terms of offensive production. Seems like his confidence level is at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean. Hopefully he can shake it off, he's bound to get a bounce go his way.

To me, Blacker has been a disappointment this year. He hasn't been 100% healthy (playing with a full cage) but I still expected more from him. He hasn't taken the next step so far in his development.

I also expected D'Amigo to have more of an impact. I think because of the depth on the wings he hasn't had the chance to play in more of an offensive role though, which is something to consider. He's been solid but I just expected a bit more from him this year.