View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 07:47 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
3 or 4 eh? Very impressive . Don't make me show the Sam Gagner 8 point night clip.

I'm not going to watch a crappy stream for 3 hours on my laptop just to feed my Oilers craze, kudos to those that are doing it and good on ya but I can do without it. Maybe I'm taking my anger about the lockout out on the AHL or something I don't know but this work stoppage has left a bad taste in my mouth about pro hockey. If you consider yourself more of a fan than me because you're watching OKC hockey, go ahead. I'm not looking to validate my fandom or something lol.
He's not questioning your fandom.
I think he's questioning your opinion of Paajarvi since you admittedly haven't seen him play once this season.

I don't see the big improvement in Paajarvi's game that Nabob sees but he is becoming somewhat more physically engaged and has driven the net more than in seasons past. I think putting him with grinders like Hartikainen and Lander has done a lot to help his game because he now has space to operate in the offensive zone and can play well in a support role.
He still struggles with offensive creativity but he doesn't need to be an offensively creative player, the Oilers are loaded with those types. People need to get out of their head that he was a high 1st rounder and stop judging him based on his draft pedigree.

If he can play well on the cycle, chip in some offense while being a defensively responsible player then he will be a fine NHLer whether it's here or elsewhere.
I, like others, can see the Nordic Line being a solid 3rd line in the NHL. There have been times when they have been the best Barons line, they spend a lot of time in the offensive zone and are effective at wearing down the opposition.