View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
I wondered how long before this would happen.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ls-sources-say

Quote:
The seven Big East Catholic, non-FBS schools met with Big East commissioner Mike Aresco on Sunday to express their concerns for the direction of the conference, multiple Big East sources confirmed to ESPN.com on Monday.

Sources said the New York meeting was the first among the seven schools (Marquette, DePaul, St. John's, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall and Villanova) and ultimately could lead to them splitting from the Big East's football members.
I was in high school in the years right after the Big east was formed, and that was also the time of the expansion and ibncreased interest in the NCAA tournament. And those original Big East schools (St. John's with Carnesecca, G-town with John Thompson, 'Nova with Rollie Massimino, Seton Hall with PJ Calresimo, plus the 'Cuse and Jim Boeheim) were players every year. That's still the Big East to me, I guess, even though it hasn't really been for some time.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassť: 12-11-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote