View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Bjindaho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
Like it or not, he never should have resisted the linesmans force.

I in no way am saying what Hub did was "wrong" but can easily understand why he is getting 4 games.

the ref's knee seemed to bend the direction it wasn't, is it just a sprain or did something more serious happen to him...

As for the fight it self and that Huberdeau throws some weight around every once in a while doesn't change my opinion on him. He is an offensive player, very skilled on at that but would get torn apart in a fight in the NHL because his fighting in the Q is down right decent at best. Great prospect for Florida but I am not expecting as much as others do from him in the NHL game. Not sure why but I never really felt like he will transition the best to the NHL. For Florida fans, I hope I am wrong, and easily could / will be
He gets 1 game for instigating a fight with less than 5 minutes remain and a margin of 2 or more goals. That isn't really debatable. Clearly, Huberdeau instigated the fight (given that he put so much effort into removing the linesman from in front of him).

Also, he gets 3 games automatically for the abuse of official. By rule, even pulling away from an official is abuse of official. They rescinded the game misconduct for it and turned it into a ten minute misconduct (probably partly because the penalty should have created a 4 minute 5 on 3 as a game misconduct, and the ref only made Saint John serve one penalty).

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote