View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 09:30 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
To me, Blacker has been a disappointment this year. He hasn't been 100% healthy (playing with a full cage) but I still expected more from him. He hasn't taken the next step so far in his development.

I also expected D'Amigo to have more of an impact. I think because of the depth on the wings he hasn't had the chance to play in more of an offensive role though, which is something to consider. He's been solid but I just expected a bit more from him this year.
I've only seen Blacker about 3-4 times, and each viewing has left me disappointed. I have to remember how young he is, but I'm not sure decision making will improve a great deal with age. This is just his 2nd. year, but seems to be on the lower end.

D'Amigo hasn't been looking great, but again he's young, and being used, for the most part, in non-offensive roles.

But if you look:
Aucoin
Ziggy
Hamilton
Komarov
Acton
Abbott
Frattin
Scott

All forwards 24 and older. Komarov has left, but that still leaves 7 forwards, then add in Colborne, Kadri, Deschamp who are all 22, before you get to Aston and D'Amigo who both have 7 points(Colborne&Deschamp 6 points).

If there was no lock-out perhaps these 21 year olds would be getting better opportunities, along with Ross and McKegg.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.