View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 10:02 AM
dookers9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Not sure I like the rather inexperienced Hervey as GM with the still fairly inexperienced Reed as head coach. We sure get a lot of rah-rah go team attitude out of them but I'm not sure we're doing what's best to build a contender. I guess we'll see what happens and it cant be worse than what we've had for the past 7 or 8 years.
Hervey's reportedly a great assessor of talent. Add to this, his enthusiasm.

Now... admittedly, enthusiasm alone ain't all it's cracked up to be - Danny Maciocia, in point. But if Hervey has the football accumen he's being credited with, we're off to a good start.

And a key factor attributable to the Dynasty Years was a team-focused approach to operations, not a me-first one. From my living room, I can't speak to Tillman's ego as several references already state. But permitting a GM to live in a different city is ludicrous. That alone infers that Tillman had an agenda that didn't have the Eskimos as it's central feature.

Hervey can't be expected to turn the franchise around over night. But if his football IQ, energy, and commitment to the city and team are any indication, we're headed in the right direction. It would appear that he's elicited excitement from players, and generating optimism and energy in them is obviously key.

Not to mention how easy it is to change the fortunes of a team relative to the 7 others that share the league.