View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Canucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
I think if the two parties are at all interested in having a season it should be pretty easy to come to an agreement at this point. If the NHL's claim that they have three "must haves" is honest, I think they need to be a bit flexible within that and be ready to give the players back more than they offered last time around and that should pretty much do it.

I think if the league can justify contract term limits as an issue due to the limitations of insurance that's something the players have to look hard at accepting (in return for concessions elsewhere).
It's funny that they have 3 "must haves" AFTER they had their initial "must have" in clawing back 7% of revenues from the players.

I don't buy the excuse of an inability to buy insurance for contracts as a good enough reason for players to relent on that issue. These chumps have happily been signing long term deals for some time now, how much insulation do they need from themselves? The players shouldn't be forced into a box because owners can't control themselves.