View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 11:34 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
A lot of us (myself included) have been talking about Gaunce "needing a bit more seasoning in the AHL" for a few years now. Will another year - or three years - of seasoning do for him what he needs to be a NHL player? Or is he simply an AHL-caliber player?

I'm torn between doing a bunch of wishful thinking, and the ghost of Johnny Boychuk past.
But look at Boychuk now! AB, you should know from all people on this board that besides goalers, defensemen take the most time to develop. Especially when it comes to shutdown defensemen who need to be adjusted with their timing, stick work, passing, and physicality to become a solid shutdown pair. Giving Gaunce top minutes in the AHL for 2-4 years is ok from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Giordano could be Calgary's best player in their opinion and the opinion of many. Unfortunately most of the time these types of things (not saying this is that, we dont know either way AFAIK) usually produce a less than great return for the team that has to move the disgruntled player. Most of the time it is a quality for quantity type deal. Im sure and my example meant to express that the "blue chip" prospect type player that the Avs may get in return would be NHL ready.

Like a Brodin, Granlund, Klefbom, Jeff Schultz type player. Throw in a 2nd or a 3rd and a B type prospect and there you go.

Similar speculation could be floated Montreal's way in regards to Subban who is another high profile rfa with no deal atm. He hasnt signed a multi-year deal in Europe though.

Maybe there is something there that would benefit both teams?

Would that be a straight up deal? If not who would have to add and what would they have to add?
Actually I do think getting one of those players would be a benefit, if we had to lose ROR. I mean getting Boone Jenner+CBJ 1st (LAK)+maybe something else would be a solid deal for a RFA.