View Single Post
12-11-2012, 12:47 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
So if you're such an expert why is it distilled hype?
Surely, it can happen that a fighter is so damn good that he's in a league of its own.
Like you could argue Gretzky was in a league of its own (or maybe with just Lemieux).
Probably because the MW division was the weakest division in the UFC outside of the heavies when A. Silva took it over. A math teacher who learned MMA from some VHS tapes was champion. All this was happening when Dana was saying Fedor was ducking Sylvia(). You know, just like a CEO, and not a fight promoter.

So, explain to me why Silva wouldn't be in a different dimension, and you better have better arguments than last time. Not everything is always hype.
Because no fighter is in another dimension? Sooner or later, the best get beat, and Anderson Silva is not invincible...not even conceivably so.

And what arguments do I have to improve upon? This is the first time I've had to interrupt your A. Silva slurp-fest on its own. Are you referring to how I exposed a real game-plan to beat A. Silva based on analysis of things that actually happened? The most you ever said in response was "nope, Silva's too good at everything."

If you can't see that in Silva's case, it actually is the real thing, then it is you that haven't been following MMA for very long.
Buddy, I've been around long enough to see Ryo Chonan flying heel hook the guy. You do know that happened, right?