View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Dark Passenger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
I hate to be that guy but stats do not tell the whole story --- which is what you are doing here to make up your mind.

Ashton started the year slowly, yes, but he's been one of our better forwards in the last month or so. He's been physical and also a good energy forward. He should have more points that the stat sheet shows... but that's not a huge thing. If he keeps it up the points will come.

Colborne has been pretty inconsistent, I agree there. Just like Ashton though, he's been quite snake bitten in terms of offensive production. Seems like his confidence level is at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean. Hopefully he can shake it off, he's bound to get a bounce go his way.

To me, Blacker has been a disappointment this year. He hasn't been 100% healthy (playing with a full cage) but I still expected more from him. He hasn't taken the next step so far in his development.

I also expected D'Amigo to have more of an impact. I think because of the depth on the wings he hasn't had the chance to play in more of an offensive role though, which is something to consider. He's been solid but I just expected a bit more from him this year.
Agree with your assessment. I thought Colborne looked pretty good since he was a healthy scratch. May not have racked up a ton of points, but he was using his size well to protect the puck and creating scoring chances for his linemates. The key to Colborne becoming and NHLer, IMO, is improving his skating and his strength. Improvement in these areas will see improved confidence.

Ashton, as you said, not putting up huge numbers but I see an improvement in his over all game. Working really hard on the little things and is one of the better forecheckers on the Marlies. You just get a sense with Ashton that the scoring will come.