View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Not giving Rhodes a complete free pass, but he'd only been on the job for 11 days when Tillman pulled the trigger on the Ray deal. RLL did most of the damage to this organization the last 7 years, IMO. Sure Rhodes could have jumped in, but when you're brand new to the job, with no football experience, and you find out the GM that has been hired has literally been given full autonomy, it isn't as easy as you make it sound. I'm sure RLL told him this and to let Tillman do his job, as he'd got them into the Western final the year before.
There would have been a full blown mutiny if he had tried to veto the trade. People cant put that on him. But the timing of the Tillman firing was strange to say the least. He has given no real good explanation for the timing of that firing imo. If Tillman was that bad he should have canned him earlier, like right after the kicker trade.

If they were going to wait until the week of the first playoff game they should have just waited until after it was over.