View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 12:30 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein816 View Post
I'm not siding with either side of this argument, since I know nothing about this Collins guy. I think, at the bare minimum, giving your own guys at the lower leagues a chance to play, since they gave them entry level deals and everything, makes sense. I've been tracking Lagace, Boychuk, and Szydlowski, none of them have earned a callup, but if you're looking for healthy bodies and they're your players to begin with, you might as well give them a chance and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Don't disagree with that.

At the core, I don't think it's THAT big a deal for a hockey team to go short at forward and play a defenseman there for short stretches due to a rash of injuries. I think that defenseman is probably going to give you the same thing that a lower league forward will, and already knows the system and what is expected of him. All things being equal, Igenerally don't think it makes sense to bring a guy up from somewhere else unless you think you'll need him for at least 2-3 calendar weeks, but that's my personal take.

sabrefan27 thinks otherwise. That's fine, I respect that.