Old
12-11-2012, 12:40 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
Surprised with:

Broll- solid start for him!
Biggs- PPG at 32 games, he's becoming a much more interesting prospect, I love it.
Spencer Abbott- great start for him! I was expecting more from him this year and he's getting there now that he's on the lineup.

unhappy with:
Ashton- he looks like he got worse point wise
Colborne- WTF is wrong with him? 6 points in 21 games? Holzer almost has as many points as him, a stay at home dman. I mean there's slumps and then there's just plain bad play

other than that, Glad that Kadri is proving he deserves to be highly touted with his PPG pace, Matt Frattin exploding with his comeback, interested to see how he would be in the NHL now. Gardiner being solid etc.
I went to the game on saturday and wanted to touch on your "unhappy's".

Colborne is as horrible as his point production. Generated one scoring opportunity the entire game. Coach has moved him to the third line, and he really isnt having any success whatsoever. Unless the team ends up being forced into giving him more responsibility, the depth on the team is hurting him. He isnt really in a good possition to get himself out of the slump. Could be the begining of the end for this guy.

Ashton on the other hand is playing better then his point totals show. He was a major thorn in Rochesters side. Not afraid to bang boddies. He actually really impressed me. I can definitely seeing him as a mainstay on the leafs 3rd line. Very quick, hard hitter, and plays fearless. At one point i thought he and Foligno were going to drop the mits. Overal i think he has the perfect skillset for a 3rd liner in the NHL.