View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 12:46 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Bo Horvat finally showed me what everybody has been talking about. I've seen him half a dozen times now, and never got it. Friday, however, he was really impressive. He's a beast defensively and showed more than a few flashes of his offensive upside (first I've seen).

Domi looks about the same. Nagy clone.

Got to watch Rychel again the other week, too. He's been incredibly underwhelming in my viewings which is frustrating because he's obviously doing something right, considering he's leading his team in goal scoring. He looked generally disengaged against Kitchener, and against the Russians he was certainly engaged and attempted to play an energy role, but he looked terribly miscast and was not effective. He reminds me a bit of Mueller, actually. They he frequently stops moving and tends to be a spectator on a regular basis. That said, he's actually a badass and will mess somebody up. A non-cowardly, occasionally violent version of Peter Mueller would make a really, really effective NHL player. I guess we'll see how he develops. I hope I get to see him again before the draft. The couple of looks I've had were not impressive.

^Justin Bailey in that same game, though, was excellent. Late, late bloomer that's really coming on strong as of late. Big risk, big upside. Cool story, too...
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...in-Bailey.html

Who else has been watching the CHL? They've had games every Friday night and lately on Wednesdays, too. Also, they had the Super Series and will being showing the WJCs, as well. Unprecedented amateur coverage on the NHL Network, this year. I love it. That channel is usually so worthless, but I'm eating this stuff up. At this point, I'd actually pay money for the programming. If they'd show two CHL games a week and all of the major junior tournaments, I'd happily fork over ten bucks a month for it.