Thread: Prospect Info: Tyler Biggs's discussion thread.
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
You live in Windsor?
NO, but I always make the effort to see Leaf picks when I can. Have always done that, I was at the Draft in Minny when the took the 3 Bulls that fall and Sundin went No.1, that Fall I made my annual trek to Newmarket to see the Saints and caught the Bulls in Kitchner on the way back. The three prospects were dissappointing to say the least, I could see their skating would never allow them to be stars in the nhl. I got to know Floyd Smith a bit having seen him around different rinks, at that time Domi was playing for the Saints and all he did was fight but I'd watch him in practise and could see his skating wasn't bad and he had a decent shot and some skill. I mentioned this to Floyd and he looked at me like you can't be serious that off season Domi was traded to the Rangers for a guy who never played but a few NHL games. I'll say this about Floyd he wanted to take Joe Sakic but Brophy went to Ballard that he needed size of the back end thus they took Richarson, I was at that draft in 87 it was held in Detroit at the Joe best draft I've ever been too all the Pizza and Drinks were Free, and believe me the Pizza at the Joe is much better than you can get at the outlets all over the world. Ilitch's have always done it right.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote