View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 01:13 PM
dunner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
With a few notable exceptions, online progression is scripted to age and potential. It is quite predictable. You can check ever GM Connected league in yr. 2, for instance, and you'll find only a 1-2 point variation among a few players, and generally the ones who get the extra "boost" regress or stagnate the following year.

Basically, Reilly will pick up 3-4 points or so OV each year. That doesn't mean he won't play above that OV, but if you're talking simply about rating, you wont' see him get to 80 until at least 6 full seasons into the league.

Basically, offline progression is completely irrelevant to online progress. Producton matters offline; it it does not matter online (notice, there are no AHL stats in GM Connected--so it can't take the production of AHL players into account when doing progression).

Again, I'm not sure this is true for "fictional" prospects, since you can't really compare them across leagues. I'm only stating what I and others have seen on "real" 4.5 / 4.0 prospects.
Have you made it past season 3 in these leagues?

for example gm connected I traded for Eric Wellwood because I noticed offline he progressed well (sorry Garry) sure enough 8 point jump last year I was going to trade for Bowman on Carolina and sure enough big jump. Justin Falk, Spurgeon, Palmieiri almost identical to their offline progression.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote