View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Okay, so weird stuff is going on in my CBJ BAGM.

I throw it on CPU vs CPU and then do something else like study, watch TV, play PC games, etc. and I've been playing with the sliders a bit to try to get more realistic looking hockey with realistic results (shots/game, shooting %, etc.)

Here's the weird thing: With those settings, Columbus CAN'T lose. They're 14-0-1 over their last 15 ...

I'm scratching my head as to how this is remotely possible because, with my customized rosters, Columbus is not very good.

The current "unbeatable" roster (due to injuries):

R. Umberger (83) - B. Dubinsky (82) - D. Dorsett (75)
V. Prospal (84) - D. Brassard (81) - C. Atkinson (75)
N. Foligno (79) - A. Anisimov (79) - J. Boll (72)
M. Calvert (78) - D. Mackenzie (76) - T. Kubalik (70)

J. Johnson (85) - J. Wisniewski (86)
F. Tyutin (84) - A. Aucoin (83)
N. Nikitin (80) - D. Savard (74)

S. Mason (79)
S. Bobrovsky (78)

I don't understand how this team is winning, let alone winning 96.7% of their games. *scratches head*
I posted a bit earlier about my weakling Winnipeg Jets going on crazy winning streaks; that was with mostly default settings though and I didn't even change the default strategies. I ended the season with a 67-10-5 record:

Kane (83) - Getzlaf (88) - Hemsky (83)
Ladd (83) - Zajac (84) - Iginla (85) (DL acquisition for Glencross+)
Schenn (78) - Bolland (83) - Wheeler (83)
Burmistrov (77) - Malhotra (DL) - Wellwood (77)

Del Zotto (84) - Byfuglien (87)
Sbisa (83) - Bogosian (84)
Vinny (78) - Bieksa (83)

Pavelec (82)
Auld (77)

(MDZ/Kane/Bolland missed a lot of time)

Getzlaf posted 38G 62A and won the Art Ross, Ted Lindsey and Hart trophies. Pavelec had 59 wins, 1.91 GAA, .919 SV% and won both the Vezina and the Jennings. Even Bauldie did well, posting 8 wins, 1.88 GAA and .929 SV%

Iginla didn't even put the team over the top, by the time the deadline came I already had 50 wins.

By the way, what do you do to increase shots/game and specially, shooting percentage? Scoring seems to be quite a bit lower than IRL and goalies can post crazy SV%. Playoffs are even harsher. I tried systematically increasing scoring by cranking up penalties, but it didn't help much because PP conversion rates are low.