View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
I kind of want it to not happen, so they don't get to raise the season ticket prices by 3% next year. Of course the cynic in me says whether they have the season or not they'll raise the price by the 3% anyway, completely offsetting the money left with TNSE anyway. If they care about the fans they'll not bump the price by the 3% but it is business, not charity so I see it happening.

Curious what happens to the multi-year commitments if there's no season this year? Does this year count against your 3-4-5 commitment or not? Again, do you take a strictly business approach and lock people in for year's of actual play, or is it the time frame that matters? I haven't looked at my contract to see how specifically that is laid out.

Really, as far as the season goes if they play I hope it's Conference only and it happens this year. I know we belong in the "West" but I really like seeing the teams out of the East. I did like the way the scheduling was heading with the realignment so we at least got home and home series' with the likes of the Habs/Rangers/Bruins etc. but I'm also ok with getting those guys twice more at MTS for this year if the season can be saved. I was fine with the realignment as proposed because I liked the notion of being in the same division as the Wings and Hawks too. I see that as the compensation for not getting the eastern teams quite as much.
There's a FAQ at the Jets site: http://jets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=83105

Quote:
If the season gets cancelled what happens to the term on my Ticket Purchase Agreement?

As outlined in paragraph 1 of your Ticket Purchase Agreement, the term of your 3, 4 or 5-year Ticket Purchase Agreement shall be adjusted by one year should the entire 2012-2013 season be cancelled.
And about the 3% increase in ticket prices:

Quote:
If there is a lengthy delay to the start of the season and/or the 2012-13 season is cancelled, will you be increasing ticket prices more than a maximum of 3% for the 2013-14 season?

The Ticket Purchase Agreement remains in effect for the term of your specific agreement. If the entire 2012-2013 season is cancelled, there will be no increase to ticket prices for the 2013-2014 season.