View Single Post
12-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Jack de la Hoya
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
It's not just what season but how many times has it be done. I've done probably 3-4 offseason sims to year 5 of the league to see how young guys progress and all them are different but a guy like Wellwood was almost bang on. As for Rielly in like 3 of them he turned into an 89 really fast but in the 4th he stayed below 80.
Online =/= offline.

I'm really not sure how else to say it.

You're right, of course, that ideally there would be a greater sample size to draw from, but it takes a really, really long time to sim through GM connected seasons. I'd say, through year 5, I've had access to probably four samplings, and there is no significant variance on the progression of the notable prospects.

Look, I'm new, so I don't expect you guys to take me at my word. But if you ask the few guys I have been / are in other leagues with (JeffBokan), they would probably tell you that I've got some credibility there.

Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
benched Nyquist all year last year or played 4th line minutes...went from 78 to 84.

There is no way to know what they progress too!
You could have sat him the entire year, or played him on defense, and it wouldn't have made one bit of difference...Look for 4.5s to make their biggest progressions around ages 24-25. You could sit him again this year, and he'd still jump to 86-87.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote