Thread: Proposal: Wsh-chi
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 02:26 PM
HockeyTS32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Johansson isn't a lock for #2C and if Galiev doesn't make the top 6, I don't believe he would be in our bottom 6. Carlson is not untouchable. You people are forgetting that you have to give to get and this is a decent proposal if you're not homering the hell out of your own players so much that you can't realize that they aren't untouchable and there is actually value coming back and guys that could really help out our team.
I don't believe I ever said he was a lock to be #2C. If that's what I said or that's what your interpreting, I'm sorry. I said if he develops the way the caps want him to develop he will be #2C. That is why they drafted him. Yes he needs to bulk up and yes he needs to do better with faceoffs, but if he does develop the way the caps want him to, he will be the #2C. Why do you think the caps go him? To play wing? No they drafted him as a center and want him to be the #2C in the long run.

The fact that you say Carlson is not an untouchable, is unreal to me. Carlson and Alzner are already becoming a great shutdown line in the NHL. I doubt the caps trade away either of them. The only way they would lose either of them is through FA. Who would you say is untouchable for the caps than, with the exception of Ovie and Backstrom?

And just like the guy above me said, yes this proposal might help out the team in the short run, it kills the team in the long run. Not to mention this trade likely wouldn't even take place because of salary cap issue. Do you even know how much the Hawks are paying Sharp right now? I believe his cap hit is in the around 5.8 or so.

HockeyTS32 is offline   Reply With Quote