View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
You know what is laughable? That you extrapolated the "our game" stuff from a comment that was intended as a simple throwaway suggestion of one of the myriad of outlets that suggest Florida to be a relocation target. Frankly, there is little to differentiate the operating income results of the teams that finished 25-29 in that category. They could all go for all I care, via relocation, contraction, no difference. So I'm just as in favor of saying sayonara to Columbus and NYI as to any other franchise - including Florida, but thanks regardless for presuming to know what I "trust" and "think". Nice rant.
He has a point though.

Contracting the 4 lowest income earners doesn't fix the income disparity problem. It just moves the total revenue of the League up on paper. Yet the money that the League was actually earning did not change. All that changed was negative expenditures being removed. So the salary cap will increase without an actual increase in revenue, and we are back at the problem of having several teams that can not afford to pay the salary cap.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote