View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
JR97

vCash: 500
I played indoor inline for years. Both ball and puck. The weight and feel is totally different, as your're well aware. I had to use a completely different stick for ball as well. It was the equiv of maybe a 60 flex. I'm only 5'7" and at the time only weighed 110 or so. Anywho, the main thing I had to do when I was playing both puck and ball in a season is to cut down on the stick handling and use my feet more.

As far as receiving passes goes, that just takes practice. A little trick someone showed me was if the pass is to your back hand is to receive it with only one hand on the stick. For whatever reason that's the right amount of stiffness/softness.

For a D man and shooting, just practice the quick release. Line up a bunch of pucks and just get them off as fast as possible without looking. Then work on receiving the pass and getting the shot off as fast as possible whether you need to look or not. After a while you'll be able to adjust your body and shot mechanics to how you receive the pass. The idea is to build up muscle memory and reflexes so you don't need to think about it.

JR97 is offline   Reply With Quote