View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 03:24 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Jenner isn't untouchable. It's just the cost to acquire him is so high that we (Columbus fans) are saving you time by just saying he is.

The same goes for guys like Johansen, Murray, Atkinson, etc. They're prospects (or recently graduated) and until the organization knows what they have they likely won't be moved. Especially for the Jackets who just finished last and are rebuilding through youth. You simply don't move young players with potential when you are in that situation.

As for what the Jackets need, we have plenty of NHL defensemen, defensive prospects, and 2nd-4th line NHL'ers. They need a star forward or an established #1 goaltender on a decent contract. That won't happen through a trade though and will likely only happen through drafting (we have 3 1st's this year) and developing.

What that means is that the Jackets will likely be a boring team with regards to trades and FA signings for the next year or so. They're mainly going to draft and play with what they have.
This is the Smartest answer to this.

------

It's these type of 'value of' or 'proposals' that need to be locked down before they even get started. Someone will come in with a proposal (which may have some decent value) but at the price of potential, said team does not even want to consider. So what usually happens? They say, "no, that wont cut it". Then we have a pissing contest between fan bases; however, at the end of the day it is really just a team not wanting to part with potential, but value always gets in the way.

Quote:
i am equally sorry that my english level limit my hability to express myself clearly.
Don't worry , i share the same problem. I know what i want to say....coming across proper is another story.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote