Thread: Prospect Info: The Official 2013 Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
12-11-2012, 03:24 PM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Sweden really doesn't like to pick eligible defenseman for the tourney. Forwards are another story though. Players like Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Brodin, Klefbom, Lindholm were all left off the team in their draft years, despite being plenty good enough to play in the tournament.

I don't think Hagg's lack of an invite says much about his progress this year, or a lack there-of. The names on the Swedish defense are pretty unspectacular; I imagine he could have certainly challenged for a spot if given an invite. I fully expect him to be a key player on defense next season.

It seems a little strange to me that Team Sweden won't look at their top defense prospects in their draft years, but pencil them in as locks next winter
That extra year usually means that the player has gone from being a junior player to a regular men's player. Hedman and Larsson played in the tournament two times prior to being drafted, but they were also regulars in the SEL. How many promising -95 D's did Canada or USA invite?